There was an error in this gadget

Friday, February 8, 2013

Blog Post #4

Podcasting

podcast
As I have said in my earlier posts technology is a very important part of the classroom. After listening to many of the podcasts provided I believe there are many benefits of podcasting in the classroom. Not only is it a good way to communicate outside of the classroom, but it exercises many skills in classroom as well. Located on the Langwitches page are podcasts of Ms. Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano ‘s first grade class; they are practicing many skills including listening, speaking, comprehension, oral fluency and technology. I now believe podcasts are a good way to help children develop social skills. This is great because it gets everyone involved and working together on assigned tasks; something certain children will need to be comfortable with throughout life depending on whether or not they work in groups or are on a team.
I’d have to say there were many things I will suggest to my group when working on our podcast. I read that reading from a script did not sound as good as being able to just flow with your podcast, so first I would suggest we don’t have a script. We most certainly can write down key points to mention, but we should practice saying them so the podcast sounds more natural. Annunciation is also a big thing when it comes to recording, mumbling will not cut it! I also read that changing tones to go along with what you’re saying is a good idea too. It’s almost as if you are performing on stage; because you are performing, just behind a microphone and a computer screen.


Helpful Podcast Links:

The Beneļ¬ts of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale
The Practical Principals with Melinda Miller and Scott Elias
Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

1 comment:

  1. "I read that reading from a script did not sound as good as being able to just flow with your podcast, so first I would suggest we don’t have a script. We most certainly can write down key points to mention, but we should practice saying them so the podcast sounds more natural. " I absolutely agree.

    I will be looking forward to listening to you and your group.

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete