There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog Post #15

keyboard

My Reflection
My first post included a paragraph answering these questions: "Imagine your classroom when you start teaching. What will be the methods of teaching that you will emphasize? What tools will you use, and what tools will your students use?" At this point I can say I have a better idea of how to answer those questions. I would still like to incorporate as much art in the classroom as I can but now I have an idea of the technology I would like to use in the classroom.
I am an Elementary Education Major and I would really like to teach kindergarten or first grade, but I know I may not have my pick. Therefore, I want to be prepared to teach all ages between K-6. “What kind of technology could first graders possibly use?” would have been a question I asked prior to this course but now I ask myself what technology couldn’t they use? Children have sponge like brains; they soak up and take to everything, most of them navigate certain technology better than adults.
When I am teaching first grade or any grades above that I plan on using blogs in the classroom because I think children can gain so much from it. They are constantly working on their writing skills and they are also instantly communicating with others. It helps them develop social skills and it allows them to create a personal learning network that they can use for collaborating throughout their life.
Speaking of PLNs, I would also like to help my future students create their personal learning networks in which they can continue adding onto over the years. I learned this semester just how effective the use of a PLN can be. Blog post #11 really opened my eyes to the use of technology at an early age in the classroom. Part of this assignment was to watch Mrs. Cassidy’s video “Little Kids Big Potential”- a must view for all.

Changes
technologyIf I were to go back and rewrite my response to blog post #1 I would change a few things. Like I said, I would like to incorporate as much art in the classroom as possible-I am a strong believer in exercising human creativity. I would add the fact that I would like to incorporate the use of technology in and outside of the classroom. I would do so with the use of some project based learning; which is another technique I learned from this course.
Another thing I would change about my first blog post is my choice of age I would like to teach. For a while I have wanted to teach kindergarten or first grade because I have become comfortable with that age group, but I have realized I must prepare to be the best teacher I can be for all ages between K-6. I would really like to teach any age at this point because I have been exposed to just how much I can do with all age groups and how much fun I can make learning for them with the use of technology and project based learning. I am so eager to teach and I am so grateful for the preparation this class has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment